The Security Guard Industry is a vital support system for the Law Enforcement Agencies across the country and the world. Security officers patrol and monitor industrial, commercial and other property to protect against theft and vandalism, maintain order and enforce regulations. They also control access to establishments and public events.
The type of duties Security officers are expected to perform will vary according to the establishments they are required to secure. Many of the assignments are in areas such as airport security, armored car security, bodyguards, gate attendant or even a crossing guard.
To be successful as a security officer, you have to be self-motivated and able to work on your own with little or no supervision. In addition, you must be well-groomed and present yourself confidently and professionally. Combine those qualities with our extensive training, and we can launch your career in the industry on the path to success.
BlackHawk Security Services Inc. seeks to hire individuals that meet the following criteria.
- You must be able to clear a criminal background check, no felonies or Class A or B misdemeanor charges
- Possess a High School Diploma or a GED, college hours or degrees preferred
- Possess reliable transportation
- Capable of passing Level 1, 2, and 3 Officers training
- Must pass a comprehensive Drug Screening
- Must possess a clean professional appearance
- Must possess a valid Drivers License from the state where employed
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Prior security training or experience a plus.
BlackHawk Security Services Inc. is always searching for qualified commissioned and non-commissioned officers, in addition to civilian individuals who can clear a security background check and possess a clean professional appearance and strong interpersonal, communication and written skills.
Current Openings: Commissioned and Non-commissioned Security Officers
- This job reports to the Manager
- This is a Full-Time position, working 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, and 3rd Shift
- Part-time positions are available
First, Second and Third Shifts Available. The role of security office is to provide for the safety and security of campus properties, employees, and visitors. Respond to emergency situations; perform patrol of assigned area; escort and transport maintain records and reports; and contribute to the efficient operation of the department.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of one year previous security experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, managers, customers etc
- Ability to recognize and respond to emergency situations
- Demonstrates problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changes in work environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervisory guidance
- Demonstrates a willingness to assume additional responsibility
- Ability to function as a team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills